blogger

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Week 6

This week I started off really tired, even after my rest day on Sunday. I'm assuming its due to the lowering of carbs.. Mondays workout with Joe was crazy! total body/functional/core day.. He told me I should be proud, I was just happy I didn't puke or crap my pants. Tues was a solid 50 minutes of cardio, and Wed was LEGS or as Joe called it "LUNGE DAY" 2 sets of every different type of lunge, my legs are FRIED this morning! So far this week I lost one pound, total of 11 pounds since I began. I still need to get my body fat done, I am going to make an appt to get that done this week.
Although I'm a little more tired than normal, overall I feel great. In the beginning I kept dwelling on things "I can't have", but now I am seeing all the benefits to all the hard work I am putting in. This process is really making me re-evaluate my whole approach to diet and exercise. For me this is not a diet, but definitely a lifestyle that I will stick too even when this competition is over. Will I have wine again? Most likely, but it will not be a normal part of my day like it was... I actually went out last night with some girlfriends and had green tea, water and my last protein shake of the day (normally it was chardonnay and nachos), I had just as much fun and didn't feel left out or deprived. WHO KNEW???
I know exactly how over the last few years I have packed on 15 pounds, so now I know exactly what to do and NOT to do to keep it off. I don't have a goal weight or size, I just want to be whatever I am supposed to be with training hard and eating right.
With the show being a little over 8 weeks away I am starting to get a little anxious, I have moments of feeling scared sh*tless at the thought of walking on stage in my posing suit and clear heels.. Normally avoiding criticism is my main objective when in a bathing suit of any kind. If anything the 8 week countdown is much needed incentive to keep me focused and training hard:)
workouts this week:
Monday-total body functional/core
Tues- Cardio 50 minutes
Wed-LEGS (LUNGE DAY)
Thursday-Back/core/cardio
Friday-Chest/SHoulders/Tris Cardio
Sat-double cardio day (stepmill/bike 50 minutes, 28 minutes hiit later in the day)
Sunday=REST

No comments:

Post a Comment