blogger

Friday, April 2, 2010

Killer Legs

So today was the first day I met with Joe, a trainer I am working with for Leg day. I cannot afford to hire a "figure" coach, this is already an incredibly expensive sport, but needed a little guidance when it came to training my lower half. This guys is no JOKE. He not only pushed me through an amazing workout but also went over my total workout plan and showed me where to make adjustments, what to exclude and also add to my regimen. He lives this and 100% knows his stuff.

my workout today:
warmup Arc trainer 15 minutes
1.) step up to high knee to reverse lunge to 2 plyo jumps each leg repeated 15 times each side (bucket please!)
2.)3 sets of plie leg press with a drop set at the end
3 &4.)3 supersets of Forward facing on hack squat & stiff leg dead lift
5.)smith machine high knee to reverse lunge
6.) walking lunge with twist and backwards walking lunges....
(OUCH)
stretch

Overall he thought my plan was decent but gave great suggestions to make it better including adding some "Functional" training days....

Highlight of the day:
We were chatting about push ups and I said I could do 20 in a row now, he asked if I was doing them the right way meaning getting completely down to the ground (he actually said getting your "junk" completely down and I said "Well fortunately some of my "junk" is closer to the ground in a push up position) So I showed him and he was impressed (my push ups not my junk).. I haven't been able to do more than 10 push ups on my toes in a long time so this is a huge personal accomplishment for me! I tried a Pull up... Not there yet!! That is my next goal:)

Tomorrow was supposed to be my crazy track, sprint bleacher workout but I may have to resort to a less intense 45-60 min of cardio as my legs are already sore as Sh*t!!
At 34 I have realized I have to work twice as hard to get the same results I did 10 years ago....

2 comments:

  1. This is weird. I never gave myself the title Make-up Angel but I guess I will take it. Let me know if you know how that happened.

    What I wanted to tell you was that it has to be a good training when I cannot even understand 90% of the lingo you are using. I am coming to that competition!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is Make-Up Angel? Is it Carrie? Too funny!!

    ReplyDelete