blogger

Monday, April 12, 2010

Week 5 begins!!

Today I started a completely new split routine for the upcoming weeks, I decided to workout with my trainer today to get a handle on the new routine.. Today was chest/shoulders/tris and core. All I can say is at one point I literally screamed, it was all out craziness. I am not going to lie and I say I killed it the whole time, because at some points I said "I can't do it" but I made it through drenched as if I had just ran a 10k.

Working with a trainer is teaching me some much needed essentials, such as where my weaknesses are, how far I can really push myself and most importantly that I am not "all that" in regards to fitness. He tells me what I need to hear not what I want.. Like "oh my GOD you ROCK, your so awesome, you go girl!" instead its hearing the things I need like: my form is off, pushing me through 3-4 more reps when I feel like I'm going to drop the weight on my head, making me choose a more challenging cardio rather than just some half ass elliptical for 30 minutes, and overall just making every minute of every workout matter. (He's a huge fan of the row machine and stepmill, he would rather see 20 minutes of high intensity on those machines than the alternative)

This week I will really tighten up the diet too, having only low glycemic fruits/complex carbs with my protein pre-workout, and only fibrous carbs(veggies)/protein meals post workout. I cut out coffee and just having green tea in the morning too.. Fortunately the pre-workout drink I have gives me a much needed boost!! Not really a fan of fat burners or energy drinks but I need a little energy to help me perform:)

No comments:

Post a Comment