blogger

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

If it were really that easy!

So as I was browsing today in a supplement store a young woman approaches me and asks my opinion on "Fat Burners", I'm thinking how much time do you have?? She looked so overwhelmed searching the shelf stacked with various "miracle" pills, desparate to find the "best" one. Now I need to preface this post with some honesty, I DO use thermagenics/fat burners during my training, but more so to A.) provide some energy, B.)help surpress some cravings and C.) maybe help accelarate fat loss. If you noticed fat loss was last on the list because its really about my training and eating that attribute to a lean physique rather than popping a pill. The fitness models on these ads live and breathe a fit healthy life and yes a supplement can help, but a supplement does exactly that: it SUPPLEMENTS a healthy eating and training plan.

The first question I asked was "well are you looking for something pre-workout" and then followed up with "how is your eating" her response was "well eating right and exercise really haven't worked for me. WHAT?? I did my best in the short few minutes I had to give the most solid advice I could, even recommending more natrual approaches (green tea extract, l-carnatine etc) and taking these things PRE-WORKOUT!

We live in a quick fix society, in my opinion that does not work in regards to being fit. 20 min 3 times a week and crash dieting doesn't cut it, at least not for me or 99% of the people out there. If it were as easy as a pair of sneakers that give you a supermodel behind or a pill that will make you look like a top fitness competitor wouldn't we all be there??? I am not judging this girl, because my god I have been her, looking for that cutting edge product that would solve my yo-yo weight loss ways. But at the end of the day, I knew what I needed to do. Eat right, train hard and indulge in moderation.. Its not flashy but it works!


No comments:

Post a Comment