blogger

Monday, May 17, 2010

6 weeks to go

So I have 6 weeks till the show.. Not gonna lie, felt like a total basket case this weekend.. I had a lot of doubts whether or not I'm where I should be, I guess that's normal as I have never done anything like this before. I had a great chat with a friend who is currently training for a figure show about 4 weeks after mine.. It was a much needed therapy session, having someone who could 100% relate, give great advice and just validate some of my craziness was so nice..... I had some major concerns about the 6 week out diet. She gave me some great advice which I began to apply this week. I am trying "carb cycling" which is more carbs on high intensity training days, and low to moderate carb on less intense or non training days. The idea is to not allow your body to plateau, helping to boost your metabolism.. Here's hoping it works for me!!

Its scary because at this point its all trial and error.. At this point no fruit till the show, and it takes my diet to a new level of strictness. Fortunately I am so focused and had time to adjust so hopefully I will be ok.. She did tell me to prepare for some hell days as I get closer... Its not easy some days to do this, I have kids a house and a husband to take care of, thankfully they have all been incredibly supportive. My kids do not see this as a diet, Olivia says "Mommy we are all eating clean!" She is a huge fan of oatmeal and strawberries, and she apologizes if she eats a cookie in front of me, says she wishes I could have one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment