blogger

Monday, June 28, 2010

to be continued...

WOW!!!! I cannot put into words what an amazing journey this has been. Saturday was an experience I will not soon forget. I struggled for years with body image issues, and I felt like I just kicked that right in the face. Not because I looked the "best" because I didn't, not because I came in 5th and not last, but because I could stand there and be proud of who I was and how far I had come. Also because I gave 110% to my training and diet, and worked harder than I ever thought possible.

TO be honest the "Show" part wasn't my favorite aspect of the process, yes the being on stage and showing off my hard work was very cool and not as scary as I thought it would be. The prep of the day was exhausting, and very high maintenance. I do have a girly side, but I'm typically more comfy in a jeans and flip flops.. So the tan, makeup, clear heals glamour part of the show was a little much for me. Still, I will do it again, I LOVED having a goal. Now I have a new goal, to further enhance my fitness level and see how well I can do starting in much better shape.

I had a great day yesterday celebrating with friends and enjoying a fabulous, homemade, low sugar stevia sweetened Sandi-rita!! And its official I am a lightweight now.. I can honestly say booze has lost its appeal to me. I will enjoy a drink here and there but it will not be the norm for me anymore. Honestly not because its "bad" i really just don't want it.

This for me is a lifestyle not a diet, I just prefer to eat clean, and I can see how much its paid off. The great thing is that I can still indulge here and there, its funny my "cheats" have even become healthier. I want an organic dark chocolate peanut butter cup, or some baked sweet potato french fries.. I have learned it is just too easy to eat healthy, and we make it so hard with these wacky diets that are hard to follow. Or we convince our selves we are too busy to eat right, sorry that one is the worst excuse, taking 5-10 minutes out to prep my meals for the day is not hard at all, and I feel so much better.

So I will continue to blog, I think it will be cool to see how training for my second show will go. I will still be eating "clean" but will tone it down in the gym for the next 2 weeks to give my body time to heal. I'll walk, run, do some yoga and total body functional stuff, its very hard for me to "rest" I am all geared up and want to hit the gym hard, but I have been warned to not over train...
Thanks to everyone for all your support, to my family and Husband for cheering me on and putting up with me through the good and bad, to Marie and Carrie for being there to support me (Carrie for making me look beautiful, you are so talented!!) Yenny for posing classes and your diet plan, you are a true Pro and have inspired me so much, and to my trainer, I would not have come this far with out him, in a word GENIUS!!

ON TO THE NEXT ONE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment