blogger

Friday, June 18, 2010

Final week!

So its finally here: one week out from the Show. Feeling a lot of different things right now, I'm excited, nervous, horrified, relieved its almost over, and exhausted.. I have lost 25 pounds total since I started this adventure. I had no idea if I could actually finish, it hasn't been easy but I can honestly say I'm not sure I could have worked any harder or have been any more committed. I do look forward to training for an Oct show, now that I am in significantly better shape.

This week coming will be the hardest yet in regards to diet. I will basically be living on ground chicken or turkey breast and veggies for all 5 meals till Thursday, for Thurs and Fri I am supposed to add some carbs back, Carb loading to fill up the muscles, this makes me nervous, I have never done this so I don't know how my body will respond.. A friend of mine Yenny is a figure pro and she designed my diet, so with all her success and experience I know I am in great hands! I will be drinking only distilled water and cutting my intake down as I get closer to Sat, also using supplements to help rid excess water weight. Of course I am taking all of this very serious, but my goal for my first show wasn't to win or even place for that matter, I just wanted to give 110% to training and finish and more importantly NOT bite the dust on stage in my bedazzled sea green figure suit and clear heels.

I have learned so much about diet/exercise and what my body is capable of if willing to push my limits and truly challenge myself. I can honestly say I would not have come half a far with out Joe, my personal trainer. He just knows his stuff and literally transformed not only my physique but my way of thinking when it comes to training. When I first reached out to him about training I told him I only needed him for leg day, because "I had my plan all mapped out". He said ok, but asked if he could see my intended routine.. In the nicest possible way he ripped my workout to shreds and we completely started over. He designed my program based on my needs, strengths and many weaknesses. So my idea of meeting with him once a week turned into 3-4 times per week for all my strength training, functional training days and boxing. He taught me that my needs were different in regards to training, something that works for someone else isn't necessarily what will work for my body and fitness goals. My goal was to compete in a show, so my training had to match that. It would have been tough to get there with my original plan, He pushed me to do things that I would NEVER have attempted to try on my own. He takes his work so serious and just understands there is not a once size fits all approach to training. Looking back I can see all the mistakes I was making before.. Thanks Joe!! Your the best:) (Granted I get a little credit, I work hard doing my best NOT to bitch and moan (most days;), and my diet was just as strict as my training.)

So I'm excited and nervous, and looking forward to feeling normal again, although it will be a new normal. I worked my ass off and have seen amazing results, I look forward to being able to indulge on occasion, but will continue to train hard and eat clean.. I will blog after the show, this week will be crazy with all the prep work.. But I just wanted to thank everyone for your support, especially my family who may have not always understood what or why I was doing this, but still helped me through the process!! Saturday is sure to be an interesting day... Wish me luck!!

1 comment: