blogger

Monday, August 23, 2010

47 days to go

So my whole approach to training for this competition is very different from last time. I had a significant amount of body fat to lose last time, and my goal was to be "lean" enough to compete. I love being in better shape this time around, stepping it up and really pushing myself to kill each workout in the gym. I wont say that I went through the motions last time, because I worked so hard, but there were some days where I wimped out a little by choosing a less challenging cardio or not giving my all through an entire training session. It just feels different this time.

I told my trainer no excuses, no half ass anything. No more warm up on the elliptical for 5 minutes I will run at least a mile on a good incline before each session with my trainer, and ass kicking cardio sessions throughout the week, the only day I won't do cardio is leg day and Sunday.

Today was a solid quad workout. We are breaking up leg workouts into 2 days. quads one day, glutes and hamstrings on another day. I love this, it really gives me the ability to focus of each muscle group, and hit it hard. This is our last week of "heavier" training. Starting next week, which will mark 6 weeks out and we will really pick up the pace.

As for the "diet" well it doesn't feel like a diet. I know what to eat and when and I am never hungry because I am eating all the time, right up until I go to bed. Now I said never hungry, but I do get cravings.. I'm human and there are some days where I want nothing more then dark choc and peanut butter and LOTS of it. I have insane will power and refuse until Oct 9th to indulge in those cravings...... I am so glad 2 Sundays ago I indulged in all of my favorite things:)

Next week we start a whole new split I'm a little nervous and excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment